Southern Auto Finance Company, LLC U.S. Online Privacy Notice
This U.S. Online Privacy Notice (Notice) applies to this Southern Auto Finance Company, LLC (SAFCO) online interface (i.e., website or mobile application) and any Southern Auto Finance Company, LLC online interface that links to this Notice, (each, a Site, and, collectively, Sites). The term “Southern Auto Finance Company, LLC” or “we” or “us” or “our” in this Notice refers to banking and non-banking U.S. affiliates or subsidiaries of Southern Auto Finance Company, LLC that link to this Notice. This Notice describes how Sites may collect, use and share information from or about you and explains how information may be collected and used based on online interactions with our advertisements that appear on the Sites and third party websites. By using the Site, you agree to the terms and conditions of this Notice.
Southern Auto Finance Company, LLC provides other online interfaces not covered by this Notice. If you visit or access your accounts from one of these sites, please review the online privacy practices of that site to understand how your online information may be collected, used and shared.
For U.S. account holders and visitors to this Site, we will use and share any information that we collect from or about you in accordance with the Southern Auto Finance Company, LLC U.S. Consumer Privacy Notice, which provides choices in the use and sharing of information. For Non-U.S. account holders utilizing this Site, we will use and share your account information in accordance with the privacy disclosure that covers your account and with the privacy and security rules applicable to the Southern Auto Finance Company, LLC affiliate or subsidiary that provides that account to you.
California Consumers: Please see our Important Privacy Choices for California Consumers.
Collecting and Using Information
Personal Information We Collect Online
Personal Information means personally identifiable information such as information you provide via forms, surveys, applications or other online fields including name, postal or email addresses, telephone, fax or mobile numbers, or account numbers.
How We Use Personal Information
We may use Personal Information:
- to respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests;
- to send you important information regarding the Site, changes to terms, conditions, and policies and/or other administrative information;
- to send you marketing communications that we believe may be of interest to you;
- to personalize your experience on the Site by presenting content, ads or offers tailored to you;
- to verify your identity and/or location (or the identity or location of your representative or agent) in order to allow access to your accounts, conduct online transactions and to maintain measures aimed at preventing fraud and protecting the security of account and Personal Information;
- collected through our social media pages and interactions with you to assist in verifying your identity and account status. We may combine this information with information we already have;
- for business purposes, including data analysis, audits, developing and improving products and services, enhancing the Site, identifying usage trends and determining the effectiveness of promotional campaigns;
- for risk control, for fraud detection and prevention, to comply with laws and regulations, and to comply with other legal process and law enforcement requirements.
How Personal Information is Shared
Please see the Southern Auto Finance Company, LLC U.S. Consumer Privacy Notice for information on how Personal Information may be shared.
California Consumers: Please see our Important Privacy Choices for California Consumers.
Other Information We Collect Online
Other Information is any information other than Personal Information that does not reveal your specific identity or does not directly relate to an individual, such as browser information, information collected through cookies, pixel tags and other technologies, demographic information, other information provided by you such as your date of birth or household income, and aggregated and de-identified data.
How We Collect and Use Other Information
We and our third-party service providers may collect and use Other Information in a variety of ways, including:
- Through your browser: Certain information is collected by most browsers, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, device type, screen resolution, operating system version and internet browser type and version. We use this information to ensure Sites function properly and for security purposes.
- Using cookies: Cookies are pieces of information stored directly on the device you are using. Cookies we use do not contain or capture unencrypted Personal Information. Cookies allow us to collect information such as browser type, time spent on the Site, pages visited, language preferences, and your relationship with us. We use the information for security purposes, to facilitate navigation, to display information more effectively, to personalize/customize your experience while visiting the Site, and to recognize your device to allow your use of our online products and services. We collect statistical information about the usage of the Site in order to continually improve the design and functionality, to monitor responses to our advertisements and content, to understand how account holders and visitors use the Site and to assist us with resolving questions regarding the Site. We also utilize cookies for our online advertising purposes. Please see the Advertising section below for more information.
You can refuse to accept these cookies and most devices and browsers offer their own privacy settings for cookies. You will need to manage your cookie settings for each device and browser you use. However, if you do not accept these cookies, you may experience some inconvenience in your use of the Site and some online products and services.
- Using pixel tags, web beacons, clear GIFs or other technologies: These may be used in connection with some Site pages, downloadable mobile applications and HTML-formatted email messages to measure the effectiveness of our communications, the success of our marketing campaigns, compile statistics about usage and response rates, and to assist us in resolving account holders’ questions regarding use of our Site.
- IP Address: Your IP Address is a number that is automatically assigned to the device that you are using by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). An IP Address is identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user visits the Site, along with the time of the visit and the page(s) that were visited. Collecting IP Addresses is standard practice on the internet and is done automatically by many web sites. We use IP Addresses for purposes such as calculating Site usage levels, helping diagnose server problems, for compliance and security purposes and administering the Site.
- Aggregated and De-identified Data: Aggregated and De-identified Data is data that we may create or compile from various sources, including but not limited to accounts and transactions. This information, which does not identify individual account holders, is used for our business purposes, which may include offering products or services, research, marketing or analyzing market trends, and other purposes consistent with applicable laws.
Southern Auto Finance Company, LLC may advertise on pages within the Sites (including mobile downloadable apps) as well as on other websites and mobile apps not affiliated with Southern Auto Finance Company, LLC. Information collected by us or our advertising service providers through cookies and other technologies may include the number of people who look at each of the pages on the Sites, search engine referrals, browsing patterns within the Sites, and responses to advertisements and promotions on the Sites and on websites where we advertise.
Advertising on our Sites
Southern Auto Finance Company, LLC may advertise its products and services, including prescreened offers of credit, on pages within the Sites. These advertisements may take the form of banner ads, splash ads (ads that appear as you sign on or sign off of your online accounts), and other formats.
Linking to other sites
We may provide links to third party websites, such as credit bureaus, service providers or merchants. If you follow links to websites not affiliated or controlled by Southern Auto Finance Company, LLC, you should review their privacy and security policies and other terms and conditions, as they may be different from those of our Sites. Southern Auto Finance Company, LLC does not guarantee and is not responsible for the privacy or security of these websites, including the accuracy, completeness, or reliability of their information.
To protect Personal Information from unauthorized access and use, we use security measures that comply with applicable federal and state laws. These measures may include device safeguards and secured files and buildings as well as oversight of our third party service providers to ensure information remains confidential and secure.
Making sure information is accurate
Keeping your account information accurate and up to date is very important. If your account information is incomplete, inaccurate or not current, please use the Contact Us option on our Site, or call or write to us at the telephone numbers or appropriate address for changes listed on your account statements, records, online or other account materials.
Protecting children’s privacy online
The Site is not directed to individuals under the age of thirteen (13), and we request that these individuals do not provide Personal Information through the Site. We do not knowingly collect information from children under 13 without parental consent. Visit the Federal Trade Commission website for more information about the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA).
Updates to this Privacy Notice
This U.S. Online Privacy Notice is subject to change. Please review it periodically. If we make changes to the U.S. Online Privacy Notice, we will revise the “Last Updated” date at the bottom of this Notice. Any changes to this Notice will become effective when we post the revised Notice on the Site. Your use of the Site following these changes means that you accept the revised Notice.
Last updated June 26, 2019